Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Writing Test

Avondale School were our first opposition team to play. We all walked on the court nervously getting ready for the game. If you didn’t know, our girls and boys volleyball team went to the Auckland Champions in Henderson. We made it in because we came first in our eastern zone competition.

I was really scared. All teams looked amazingly talented. Our girls team walked on the court and into our positions. The whistle blew and the ball had been served. We all started hitting, settling and getting the ball over the net. “Come on girls!” shouted Timmy (coach). Our team was doing really well. But we were winning by not that much.
It was my turn to serve. I had the ball in my hands and was ready to hit it over the net. The ball was slippery because my palms were sweating real hard. “Breeeb!” As soon as the whistle blew, the ball left my hand and it flew into the air. “Nice serve Jordenne” said Timmy. The ball kept on going back and forth, and back and forth, until the siren blew.

Both teams ran up to the scorekeeper to see who had won. “The score was 24 - 27 to…” We all crossed our fingers hoping that we would win. “Point England!” Our whole team jumped up and down filled with joy and victory as we walked off the court. “Phew!” I wiped the sweat off my forehead and said. “First game done and dusted”.

No comments:

Post a Comment