Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Jonah Lomu


Jonah Lomu was a professional New Zealand Rugby Union player who played 63 games after he debuted for the All Blacks in 1994. He was the first global superstar in rugby. He made a huge impact on the game.


In 2003 Jonah Lomu had kidney disease. He couldn’t play rugby because he had kidney problems. The side effects of dialysis meant he suffered nerve damage, he may have ended up on a wheelchair. Luckily for Jonah, Grant Kereama decided to donate him a Kidney. Jonah Lomu really wanted to go back and play rugby. But the doctor said to quit because of his kidneys.

In 2005 Jonah began to comeback. He tried playing for Wellington, Hong Kong and France. But he soon gave up his dream of being an all black again. He retired on 2007.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jordenne

    What a cool story and i like how it nice and long i cant wait to read more .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordenne,

    I like the story of Jonah lomu.Do you like him as a player? He plays very well. He is huge and tall.

    From Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jordenne,

    Wow!! Love It that is a great story about Jonah Lomu. That is amazing I wish I was a rugby professional too, I wonder if you ever wish you were a rugby player? My favorite was when you said Jonah Lomu was a professional New Zealand Rugby Union player who played 63 games after he debuted for the All Blacks in 1994. What a great story .

    Best Friend Sela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jordenne,
    I like your story!!! It was very good! I can't wait to see more from you!!!
    Keep it up!!

    Gloria
    P.S Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jordenne,

    What a fantastic story about Jonah Lomu. You really added detail to your awesome story. I love commenting on your blog because when I always look at it, there is always something new that I can comment on.

    You Are Fantastic

    KEEP UP THE GREAT AND AWESOME WORK!

    FROM MARY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jordenne,

    WOW!!! what a great story you have there. It is so amazing. Do you like playing rugby? What is your favorite sports? I bet it's Netball. I like the picture of Jonah Lomu. He sure is tall, huge and strong there are lots of pictures of him on google.

    From your 7th best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jojo
    Really love your story on Jonah Lomu and all the information about him that I didnt know. Dad & I went to see Jonah Lomu when he was here in Samoa. He is a very nice man and we had a good talk with him. But your dad says he's a better rugby player than Jonah Lomu!!! ha ha...keep up the great work sweetheart. Love you. Mummy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW!!! what a great storie about Jonah Lomu.
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete