Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Festival of Education

On Saturday the 22nd of March our extension group went to Town at the Viaduct Events Centre. Our extension group had the opportunity to go there to learn new things about education. We had to make a movie with a colleague.


My partner was Gloria. Gloria is one of the leaders (prefect) in my school, so I was very lucky to have her. So first I recorded Gloria entering the Viaduct Centre, saying her oral.


When I have finished recording her, it was my turn. Gloria and I explored everywhere, searching for people, asking them questions. The questions we asked was “What is your booth about?” and “What has it got to do with education?” We gave them thought provoking questions and we received some fascinating answers.



We had a lot of fun! Interviewing people and meeting new friends. Gloria and I got lots of candies from lots of booths. At the end we had to show our favourite interview or part on the big screen. Our favourite part was singing with this Maori lady. She played the ukulele and Gloria sang along with her. When we had finished showing our movies we took a photo of us with Meredith and John. “Festival of Education was awesome!!”

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jordenne,
    My name is Savannah Rhodes, and I'm a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama studying to become a teacher someday! It sounds like you had a fun time at the Festival of Education, and it's pretty awesome that you got to create your own interview movie while you were there. I'm impressed because we are students in college, and some of us are just now learning about blogging, and creating videos! The class that I'm taking teaches us about different ways that technology can be used in education. If you want to check out some of the videos we've created this semester so far, you can check out my EDM 310 Class Blog if you'd like! I'm glad you had such a great time at the festival, and I enjoyed reading your post. It's also pretty awesome that we are able to connect though class blogs, and share what we are learning about. You are a great writer! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't this a marvellous opportunity Jordenne? I am looking forward to seeing your movie. Will you share it on your blog?

    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete