Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Aussie Rules


“Yay”! It’s Aussie Rules today. I was so excited. When the bell rang after lunchtime I quickly ran to class and lined up. Room 13 room 19 had to the bottom field to play our game.


“Oooh”! I shivered, wind blew through my hair as I was walking. I sat down and saw a lot of mud all around the rugby field. Finally the wind stopped, I started to get warm. The weather was so changeable.


Megan and Allysa were our coaches. They taught us some awesome skills. First they taught us a warm up skill. My partner was Kashya, she was a really good partner. Our warm up was called Jumper Bumper. We had to bump our partners over while hopping, 3 times, if you did you sat down. I thought it was really dangerous. I tried and tried then yay I bumped her off. When we finished, Megan blew her whistle. We moved on to our next skill.

Our first skill was bouncing the ball 10 times. We had to bounce the ball as we bent down, walk then run. It was a pretty hard skill.


When we finished playing bouncing the ball on the concrete. We played a game just like baseball, but if you are a batter you had to kick. Each person from room 13 and 19 had to line up in front of Megan or Allysa. Walking towards the muddy field, we sorted out that we would be the fielders, and the other team were kickers. While we were playing Thea kicked the and I nearly caught the ball. When we finished we were the kickers were fielders.

While I was waiting Mr Harris told me to come with him to practice how to play just in case I got it wrong. When I finished practicing with Mr Harris. It was my turn to kick. Allysa blew her whistle so I know when to kick. When I got to kicked I got the ball from Allysa and ran around the dimond bouncing the ball.
My team was cheering as I was running. I tried to run fast but they caught me out. We played on until we went back to class.


It was a very nice day, and nothing is better then Aussie Rules





2 comments:

  1. Malo Jojo
    Good to see that you're enjoying another sport. Dad likes aussie rules too. Make sure you practise so that you can get better at playing. Keep up the good work bub.
    Alofa atu
    Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordenne
    Good to see that you're enjoying another sport. I like the
    way you use speech and cap a till letter good work

    ReplyDelete