Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

What can I hear?

Sound: What can I hear?

Team 5’s Inquiry focus this term is about Physics and the Science of ‘Sound’.

This week you are going to write an explanation about the different types of sounds that you can hear in your environment.

Think about the sounds that surround you - at home, at school, outside.

What types of sounds can you hear? Where do they come from? Use the table to help you organise your ideas:


Home
School
Outside
Other
What types of sounds can you hear?
Television, phone ringing, shower running
people tapping, people tapping, typing
people laughing, kids crying, people talking
busy traffic, cars beeping,
Which sounds do you like listening to? Why?
Dog barking, because I know that my dog is here.
Typing, I like when people type because its just sound so cool.
People talking and laughing because I just want everyone to be happy.
Cars driving past, because I don’t want everything to be quite.
Why sounds are annoying? Why?
Television annoys me when I’m trying to sleep.
When I’m trying to read a book, it’s so annoying when people shout inside class while I’m trying to read a book/or my writing.
People fighting that annoys me because I’m scared that something might happen.
It is so annoying a door closes slowly and all you hear is door making ugly noises.

Finally, think about what your world would be like if you didn’t have sound. What would it be like if you couldn’t hear a single thing, or if you had to live in absolute silence? What do you think it would be like?



Sound is very important. That’s what our ears are used for. Without sound everyone will be bored, living in completely silence. Sound is fun. There are lots of sounds around the world, like music, television and people talking. Sounds can also be annoying. Sometimes you just want silence. But most of the time everyone wants to hear sounds.
I love hearing sound because of music. Music makes me feel relaxed. Everyone loves to hear music. I hear it everywhere, on the radio, television, phones, ipads and on all the technical stuff. The sounds I hear at home are the television, phone ringing, shower running etc.

If we lived in a world with no sound but only silence, it would be pretty creepy. Because with no sound in the world, we would be living in silence. Now that’s a world I don’t want to live in. Living in silence will definitely be awkward. We might as well be deaf people, because that’s a world that deaf people experience. They can’t hear anything, only silence.

I would really hate to live in a world with no sound. Imagine no music and no singers. I love listening to music. No music means no Beyonce, no Bruno Mars and all the other great singers. Would you want to live in that kind of world?? Well my answer is definitely no! Also if we lived in a world with no sound it can be very dangerous. But luckily we live in a world of sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment